Monday 16 March 2015

Brows, Brows, Brows!!! (Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade)

Okay so eyebrows are definitely one of my favourite steps when creating a makeup look and they are definitely one of the first things that grab my eye! All my ladies out there with sparse brows (like me!!) don’t you dare neglect them! Brows do wonders in framing and sculpting the face and can soften or intensify a makeup look.

My biggest, most important tip when it comes to brows: do not over pluck! Yes, you heard me…don’t do it!!! Over-tweezing brows can lead to follicle damage underneath the brow hairs and consequently these hairs may never grow back.

I have a cheap little DIY trick that I use which truly has worked miracles on my brows (and also eyelashes)- coconut oil. Coconut oil has been all the rage recently and there are plenty of reasons why: it is natural, moisturising, thickening and stimulates hair growth through conditioning the follicles. It is easiest to heat the oil in the microwave for a few seconds, then dip a q-tip into the oil and apply on your brows and lashes every night so that it can work its magic!

Now onto my Holy Grail brow product, which I cannot get enough of…Anastasia Beverly HillsDipbrow Pomade- it’s a mouthful! This brow product is truly amazing and in my opinion, the best on the market. I purchased it on Beauty Bay for only $16.20 (AUD)! There is a wide range of shades, suiting practically every eyebrow colour.  This is the shade "Blonde" (which I find quite universal)  with the amazing brush #12, which is synthetic.  Perfect for applying the pomade.



 I have found that most brow products out there often have red/orange undertones, however these colours are very ashy which I believe looks more natural. This pomade is almost the consistency of gel eyeliner; hence it is best applied with a synthetic brush to ensure a precise and easy application. This product is extremely long lasting, rain and sweat proof-one of the biggest assets of this product. I also love that I don’t need to set this product with a gel, unlike when using powders to ensure that the eyebrows stay in place. It definitely takes practice when using this product-a light hand is essential, however it looks incredibly natural.

Here is a before and after on an eyebrow, to give you an idea of how natural but defining this is (even with untamed brows!):

before:


after:  


Enjoy!



(Brisbane mobile hair and makeup artist experienced in weddings, bridal, formals, tv, photoshoots, theatre - Melissa Coleman)







1 comment:

  1. I needed this post! Will be putting both the coconut oil and brow product on my shopping list... and brows. Thanks Melissa!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.